Graco Contender 65 is a convertible car seat specifically designed to cater for children below two years while on transit. It is a two in one seat, with a rear-facing infant car seat for your kid. As your child gets older, the seat can be converted to a front facing seat. Hence, when you purchase the chair when your child is pretty young, you are assured of using the seat for a long time to come. Besides, the seat is made of quality, durable materials that can be utilized for years for different children.
Designers of the Graco convertible seat created a masterpiece that takes care of the safety of your child while in transit and in the event an incident happened. Get the seat toady and you are assured of your baby’s safety all the time without much worry. The seat is tested and proven to meet and exceed all the US safety standards. Besides, the contender 65 has been vigorously tested under extreme circumstances to test side impacts, and proven to guarantee occupant retention.
Pros of the Graco Contender 65
- Ease of use. Besides, being designed to last for a long time, the Graco convertible seat is a practical seat that is a must have for all parents. The seat does not require lots of technical expertise to install or remove from your regular car seat. Mothers have a sigh of relieve on this one as they can easily fit the seat without having to get an extra hand to help. The seat comes with clear labels, and instructions plus buckles and clips that help convert the seat from a rear facing child seat to front facing one. Easy to follow instructions and other accessories make the seat the most practical and easy to use a child seat for all ages.
- Real Latch System. Graco convertible seat comes with a Latch system that makes rear facing installation very easy. The system is unique to the Graco convertible seat further enhancing installation and use. It is this system that makes the seats compatible with nearly all the vehicles tested. As such, you no longer have to worry about whether the child seat is compatible with your car or not.
- Rear belt. In addition to systems that make rear installation easy, you can use the car seat belt to fasten the seat firmly in the car whether you want it installed facing the rear or the front. As such, the security of your child is well taken off by a range of accessories and belts that hold the seat firm in its position.
- Additionally, the seat is well padded to accommodate larger children comfortably. Comfort for your kids is not compromised even an inch in the making of Graco convertible seat, as it can accommodate children of various ages and sizes.
- The seats are some of the most fashionable convertible kids seats the market can offer. They come in different colors and designs to suit your tastes and the interior color of your car. Hence, embarking on getting the chair is an easy task as you have a broad range of seats to choose from.
- You will be delighted to know. Besides, the seat being made of quality material, it is lightweight making it easy to carry and install.
- Cleaning and maintaining the seat is such an easy task as you can remove the fabric and clean it separately from the hardened part. Besides, the material can be easily cleaned with soap and water meaning it does not require specialized cleaning detergents.
- Finally, it is a relatively fancy seat as for big children as it comes with a cup holder that makes hold a small water bottle.
Cons of the Graco Conteder 65
- Various clients who have used the product have on several review platforms expressed of difficulties they have encountered in tightening the straps. As such, it is relatively difficult to fit in large children in the seat.
- Installing the latch system is reported to be an easy task. However, taking the lockout is an entirely different ball game. Hence, parents who remove the seat frequently have a rough time installing and uninstalling the seat.
- The Graco contender is a counterfeit of the Graco clones. It is a high copy that comes with a fair share of its challenges especially on matters concerning installation. Although it’s a knock off, it's reasonably practical and can be used on young kids till they get to grade school. The seat is the best fit for small bodied children, making it difficult to penetrate markets outside Asia.
The Graco Contender 65 Convertible is a car seat that comes with loads of proven security features to protect your child. Besides, the safety systems are easy to adjust, making it simple to modify the straps to hold your child in position firmly. The headrest is adjustable making it compatible with the kids of different sizes and weight. Finally, it's important to note that one use the car seat from infancy to early childhood without having to change the seat. As such it is fair to say you will get fair value for your money as the seat is durable.