Best Low Light Security Camera Systems – Reviews and Buying Guide
We are going to go through some of the best low light security camera systems that are currently on the market. Security is something that is of grave concern to businesses and even homes, and we are now looking for the best security systems. Security cameras are some of the best systems because they easily help us or the authorities find out who the intruders are. It is therefore very important for us to get the very best that there are. These cameras can be used in places like shopping malls, gated communities and even highways to capture the images of the wrong doers. As such, when we are looking for the best low light camera, it is important to ensure that the camera has very reliable performance. This should include situations such as shock, vibration, areas prone to shock and where there are high levels of surge.
Some of these low light security camera system gadgets convey both video and audio messages over the internet so that the people monitoring them can know exactly what is going on where the cameras are. These messages can be viewed on computers and mobile devices using the necessary apps. The data from the cameras can also be stored for future reference.
FREDI Full HD 720P/1080P Security Camera System
Blink Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection
ZOSI 1/3" CMOS 1000TVL 960H Security Camera
Comparison table on Security Camera Systems
|ZOSI 1/3" CMOS 1000TVL 960H Security Camera||FREDI Full HD 720P/1080P Security Camera System||Blink Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection|
|IR LED’s amount||42pcs, 5mm LEDs|
|IR Wavelength||850 nm|
|IR Distance||Up to 120ft (40m)|
What to Look for in a Low Light Security Camera System
There are certain things to look for in a low light security camera system when you are out shopping for one, and in this chapter, that is what we are going to discuss. It is well known that IP cameras are well known for very poor performance under conditions with low lighting. That is why some of the companies took advantage of that to concentrate on developing the low light camera systems. Having advanced in things like the processing power, the sensors and the encoding, these cameras now work perfectly under low light conditions. When you are looking for the best low light security camera, below are some of the things that you should take into consideration:
- True Day Night: Using an IR Cut-Filter mechanism, nowadays the security cameras are both sensitive to visible light, which is light that can be seen by the naked eye, and the near infrared light. This light comes from things like the moonlight, sunlight and halogen fixtures. The only downside about this True Day Night is that it filters out the color from the images by blocking or filtering the infrared light. You should note that there are some cameras that have Soft Day Night, and this is not the same thing as True Day Night. The Soft Day Night cameras go black and white under cases of low lighting. Therefore, when you are out shopping for a camera, make sure that you note the difference and don’t get them mixed up. You should also note that infrared corrected lenses are the best to use with True Day Night cameras.
- Digital Slow Shutter: When a camera has this feature, the electronic shutter of the camera is slowed down below the normal speed so that the sensor can capture more light. This improves the quality of the images in low light. The downside is that this feature includes image noise and the moving objects tend to be blurry. Not all digital slow shutter cameras are the same, and it is very important for you to note the speed with which the camera reacts to high or fast changing light levels.
- Digital Noise Reduction: This feature masks some of the luminance and chroma that is usually present in low light images, improving the image quality. The image recognition is better, and the encoder, bandwidth and storage needs are reduced. Not all digital noise reduction is the same in all cameras, and when looking for a low light security camera system, it is important to compare the different cameras before making your purchase.
- Tinted Bubbles: Tinted and smoked bubble should not be used for the low light cameras. They are usually slightly darker than a clear protective, meaning that the light entering the sensor would be reduced by between 50 and 75%, greatly reducing the quality of the images.
- High Profile H. 264 Compression: Many profiles of the H. 264 exist and it is very important for you as a buyer to check the ones on the cameras that you're considering. The high profile one will give you the sort of quality images that you're after, despite the fact that it is harder to develop. High profile can be used for media such as Blue-ray. The best way to try out these cameras is to put them together and take shots. The one with images that stand out to your satisfaction would most likely be your best option.
The 3 Best Low Light Security Camera Systems
1.ZOSI 1/3" CMOS 1000TVL 960H Security Camera
This waterproof low light security camera system comes armed with 42 infrared LED’s that are activated when there is total darkness or low light. They display black and white night vision images of up to 120 feet. High resolution 960H 1000 TVL image sensors boast of clear images even in the dark.
- HD 960H 1000 TV Lines, day night vision resolution for high quality image,42 high-intensity infrared LEDs, allows up to 120ft night vision
- Weather and vandal resistant housing that can withstand the toughest of outdoor conditions
- Auto Gain Control (AGC) and Back Light Compensation (BLC) for optimal picture quality in any given lighting condition
- 3-Axis Mounting Bracket, Vandal-Proof Wire Protection, cable through bracket, Aluminum camera housing
- Please note: This camera does not come with power supply & video power cable!
- One year quality warranty, Lifetime Tech Support
What's in the Packaging
- 1X ZOSI 1000TVL Bullet Camera
- 1x User Manual
- 1x Mounting screw bag
Camera main Features:
- HD 1000TVL Resolution
- High-Performance Night Vision
- HAD IR-CUT, More Clear/More Real
- IP66 Professional outdoor weatherproof
- Camera uses high quality metal materials that can effectively prevent rust and be installed in almost any outdoor or indoor place.
- HD Both day and night Camera
- Cameras provide color video during the daytime, black and white at night
- Image Sensor: 1 /3'' Color CMOS with IR-Cut
- Horizontal Resolution: 1000TV-Lines
- Lens: 3.6mm
- IR LEDs Amount: 42pcs, 5mm LEDs
- IR Wavelength: 850nm
- IR Distance: up to 120ft (40m)
- Waterproof Level: IP66
- BLC/WB/AGC: Auto
- Power Supply: DC12V/500mA
- Material: Aluminum casing
2.FREDI Full HD 720P/1080P Security Camera System
This FREDI hidden camera is the smallest HD camera. It's a perfect IP camera and video recording forensic tool for everyone. The motion spy camera is portable and the perfect camera for recording what is happening at every moment. With IR night vision lights, it can shoot clear videos in dark environments.
- High quality images with FULL HD 720P/1080P DV DC.
- Import HD camera lens.
- Mini shape, portable handheld DV.
- Recording high-definition video in low-light conditions.
- Video format :1280x720P/1920X1080P, motion detecting video: 720P/1080P
- Photo mode: 12M (4032x3024)
- USB 2.0 interface
- Support TF card max 32GB (TF card not include)
- Support TV out TV camera connection
- Built-in lithium battery 200mAh, working time about 100 minutes
- Support system: Windows me/2000/XP/2003 Vista, Mac OS, Linux
- When the power shortage and TF card memory are full, the camera's red and blue lights flash and 5 seconds later it shuts down.
- If the TF card is not inserted, the red and blue lights flash and 5 seconds later the camera shuts down.
- You need to reset it if it doesn't work when you try to use it.
- After purchasing it is recommended to charge it for 2 hours to 3 hours before using.
- When you open the camera, and don't use it for a 1 minute, it shuts down automatically.
Guarantee and Bouns
- Full 1-Year the FREDI Manufacturer Warranty.
- Lifetime Support Provided Directly from FREDI.
- Professional service team 24 hours online to help you solve the problem.
- 1 x FREDI Mini Hidden Camera
- 1 x Brackets
- 1x clips
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x USB cable
3.Blink Home Security Camera System with Motion Detection
Meet Blink, the one-of-a-kind, battery-powered remote home monitoring system that’s simple to set up and equally perfect for renters or homeowners. Its stylish, totally wire-free design houses innovative HD video technology, plus motion and temperature sensors, to deliver instant home insight through the Blink app for your iOS or Android device.
- Place it Anywhere : Blink is battery-powered and truly wire-free, so it’s simple to place and move within any indoor environment. Create a system that covers your entryways and windows, monitors the garage, or keeps a watchful eye over the kids’ rooms (or even the cookie jar). Unique technology which delivers 2 years of battery life with regular use for extended, no-hassle peace of mind.
- Visual Verification : Blink is thoughtfully designed to make peace of mind easy and accessible. As soon as motion is detected, video starts recording and an alert is sent to your smartphone or tablet, so you can see exactly what caused the alert and decide how to respond. Simply want to check in and see what's happening at home? Live View mode lets you take a look through the Blink app.
- Easy to Expand: Blink’s unique design makes it simple to create the system that’s just right for your apartment, home or business. Expand and customize quickly and easily with extra cameras.
- Ultra-Affordable: Peace of mind shouldn’t cost a fortune: cover your entire home or apartment at a fraction of the cost of other home monitoring systems, with no monthly fees.
- HD video
- Built-in motion detection
- Instant alerts to iOS and Android devices
- Live View mode
- Low-Light Illumination
- Free Cloud storage for up to two hours of clips
- No monthly fees
- Requires Wi-Fi connection to work
What's in the box
- Blink Camera (x2)
- Sync Module (x1)
- Mounting Kit (x2)