If you are looking for a plasma cutter, you have come to the right place. When you put the Lotos LTP5000D against other plasma cutters, the Lotos technology might seem different, but the truth is that most of their products are very highly rated by users. The Lotos LTP5000D is one of the highest rated of their products and that is due to its performance and durability. It is also very cost efficient and portable. You can carry it to wherever you would like to use it easily since it is also a lightweight product. The Lotos LTP5000D is an easy to use plasma cutter that can be used by both amateurs and professionals.
Build quality and design
The Lotos LTP5000D comes packaged in a portable and compact design. It is durable due to the metal material that forms its exterior, complete with a good finish. Weighing 19.4 pounds, it is very light so you won't have a problem moving around with it. It also comes with a handle to make it easier to carry from one point to another. If you are looking for a portable plasma cutter that you want to easily move from location to location the Lotos LTP5000D is a great option.
Ease of Use
Just like all of the other plasma cutters that are made by Lotos, the LTP500D is safe and easy to operate. For starters, it comes assembled and there isn’t much that you’ll have to do before you begin using the machine. The torch comes with a button that can be used to turn it on easily as you begin working. There is also an easy to understand user manual that comes with this cutter that you can follow as you set up.
In order for the cutter to cut efficiently and precisely, the Lotos LTP5000D comes with a 50-amp digital inverter that generates direct currents. This Lotos model has automatic dual voltage and frequency, although you would have to buy a pigtail if you were to use the 110-voltage power. The dual voltage capability operates automatically which means that there will be no need to alter the electrical environment. The machine automatically picks the right voltage to use depending on the material you intend to use.
The plasma torch has a hose that has a three-pin end connection that is 9 feet 5 inches long. Having a long hose means that you can use it for further distances, reducing the number of times that you have to move the cutter around. The torch of the cutter comes with a nozzle, cup and electrode. The plasma cutter comes with an easy to fix air hose, and the package also comes with two air hose clamps.
The cutting efficiency of the Lotos LTP5000D is impressive thanks to some of the features that it has. One of the features is the MOSFET transistor with a high-power output for cutting through thick or heavy metals. It also has uniform output for powering through the thinner metals. This plasma cutter is also a versatile machine that can cut through a variety of metals. These could include stainless steel, alloys, aluminum, copper and mild steel, and it powers right through them using a non-hazardous compressed air the pilot arch torch does not make contact with the metal being cut, meaning that it can also cut rusty metals, rough and painted metals.
Safety and durability
Safety is of utmost importance and the Lotos LTP5000D knows that and ensured that their machine is safe to use. The compressed air does not harm the body in any way, meaning that the people that are around your working space are safe. For durability, the machine comes with a solid metal casing that keeps the parts inside safe from damage. It is safe and cannot be broken by kids, and it can also be used in dusty environments.
Since 2000 Lotos operated by Zion Global LLC introduced Inverter Technology in welding and cutting machines. Lotos’ latest high frequency inverter technology utilizes IGBT to deliver a far more constant, concentrated and precise current to the cutting surface. This technology has been substantially reduced in size and weight of Inverter Plasma Cutters and tig welders. It helps you to easily achieve smooth, clean cuts of wide range of surfaces and material (e.g. stainless steel, alloy steel, brass, aluminum and other conductive material) with minimal heat input and without distortion of metal. Lotos Plasma cutters are designed especially for businesses and DIY (do-it-yourself) users, while fully accommodating the demands of professional operators.
This plasma cutter comes in a compact package that is easy to carry around. The pilot arc comes with the advantage that it can cut through rusty metals, rough metals, dirty metals and painted metals. The MOSPET transistors are state of the art and provide a high-power output which makes it easier to cut through the tough metals.
Pilot Arc Technology
The popularity of pilot arc technology is on the rise, and this is recommended for everyone, and especially newbies. It enables the plasma cutter to cut through all sorts of metals. It does not matter whether they are tough or hard, dirty or rough or painted. With this technology, it is now all possible with the slightest of ease. While cutting the metals, the pilot arc technology, the cuts are uniform, clean and precise.
- Compact plasma cutter has a handle for portability and uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum
- Pilot arc torch efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag
- MOSFET transistor produces a uniform output to enable cutting of thin metal and can reach high power output for cutting thick metal
- Dual voltage capability allows the machine to run directly on 220V 50/60 Hz power, or on 110V 50/60 Hz with the use of a pigtail (sold separately)
- Includes a plasma torch, ground clamp and cable, air regulator, air hose, and air hose connections
- 50 Amp Digital Inverter Air Plasma Cutter
- Automatic Dual Voltage / Dual Frequency (110/220V 50/60Hz)
- Robust Infineon (By Siemens) IGBT Power Drive Matrix with Pilot arc Function integrated
- PAPST Advanced German Cooling System
- Max Severance Thickness: 3/4"
- Max Cut Thickness: 1/2"
- It is lightweight, portable and compact in size
- The product is highly durable thanks to its metal outer shell that protects everything inside
- It comes with features made for efficient, clean, precise and quicker cutting experience
- The product is safer and comfortable
- It is versatile in terms of the different types of metals that you can cut with it, from cast steel to iron steel and many more
- The tip does not damage as you fire up the cutter because there is no need to strike it against the metal
- The consumables for this product are very affordable
- The standoff is very short, making it very easy to get into the material. This means that it would be recommended for you to buy additional stand off
The Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter is a machine that is value for money. It is easy to use and also safe. The fact that it comes with a metal housing makes it durable so that you can use it over a long period before having to purchase another one. It is also very easy to assemble which is a win situation for you if you were to purchase it.