Indoor propane heaters are important components in our lives because they aim to make us more comfortable by bringing heat into our homes. During the winter, the heaters are used to bring warmer temperatures into our homes and offices. During the other seasons, except maybe summer, in some parts, the heaters can still be used to ass to the warmth. It does not matter whether it is indoors or outdoors, they get the work done. There are different types of heaters, some made for the indoors, others the outdoors, while others both indoor and outdoor. That is one of the things that you should consider when you're out there shopping for a heater. The Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is one of the best indoor propane heaters of 2020 and in this article we are going to review everything you need to know in order to make an informed buying decision.
Something else to take into consideration when buying a heater is the size of the space that you intend to heat up. For smaller spaces, you can use the smaller heaters to get the job done, while larger spaces would need bigger or more heaters. It is also important to note whether the heaters are portable or not. Portable heaters are popular amongst many because they give them flexibility with the heaters. They can carry them around with them from room to room, or even out to a camping trip in the woods. Fixed heaters are stuck to one place and cannot be moved.
Another very important thing to consider when buying a heater is the source of power. There are electric heaters, gas heaters and propane heaters. The first two can be very expensive to maintain, keeping in mind the cost of electricity and gas. Propane gas on the other hand is made from natural products and it comes at a much lower cost. This makes it the preferred source of energy, and besides, it does not emit dangerous gases when burning.
We are going to go through one of the most popular propane heaters in North America, the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Indoor Portable Propane Heater. This product is manufactured by Mr. Heater. This patented radiant 4,000-9,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater connects directly to a 1 lb. cylinder and is the perfect solution for heating enclosed spaces like large tents up to 200 sq. ft. The expertly engineered size to BTU ratio is augmented with a fold down handle to give this heater maximum output while retaining a minimalistic footprint. A swivel regulator gives you the ability to adapt usage from a disposable cylinder to a remote gas supply with the purchase of a hose and filter. To light the unit, simply rotate the knob to pilot and push. Then the integrated Piezo sparking mechanism will take care of the rest. With the Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS) and accidental tip-over safety shut-off you can be sure that you will enjoy years of comfortable indoor safe heat.
Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy is a safe and portable heater that is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. It can quickly heat up a tent, small room or RV, approximately 200 sq feet with minimal effort. With 1 lb of propane, this heater can provide up to six hours of heat, and with 20 lb of propane up to 100 hours depending on the level of heat setting. Some other design and safety features include - Four position control with built-in spark igniter, durable porcelain coated reflector, low oxygen safety shut-off, tip over safety shut-off, ceramic burner tiles with shock absorbing insulation for durability and high temperature wire guard. If you would like to use a larger cylinder, you would want to purchase an extra extension hose and filter kit. This is a lightweight heater that can be carried around easily and stored in compact places with the handle pulled down. This is a heater that comes very highly recommended by other users that have used it. That alone should let you know how effective it is when it comes to performance.
- Two heat settings: 4,000 & 9,000 BTU/HR
- Fold-down handle reduces storage space
- Four position control with built-in Piezo igniter off and lo/hi heat settings
- High temperature wire guard
- Swivel regulator for easy LP cylinder and hose installation
- Large durable porcelain coated heating surface directs radiant heat over wider area
- Low-oxygen safety shut-off (ODS) and tip-over safety shut-off
- Ceramic burner tile mounted with shock absorbing insulation for durability and easy replacement
- The use of un-authorized accessories/attachments with this heater are expressly prohibited, may cause serious injury, and will void the warranty
- Show Download Tool: No
- BTU per Hour: 4,000/9,000
- Heating Area (Sq Ft): 225
- Tank Capacity (Min): 1Propane Cylinder
- Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours
- Run Time (Hrs at Min BTU) : 6 Hours
- Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4,000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9,000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Electricity Required: No
- Maximum Elevation (Ft): 7000 Ft
- Weight (Lbs): 10.60
- Model: MH9BX
- Oversized: No
- Length: 14.25
- Disclaimer: Not for sale in Massachusetts or Canada.
- Use: Emergency Heat, Tents, Campers, Workshops, Job Sites, Porches, Patios, Decks, Garages, Storage Buildings, Picnics, Tailgate Parties, Construction Trailers, Sporting Events, Barns, Sheds, Hunting Blinds, Shelters, Ice Fishing Shanties
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited
- Thermostat: No
- Safety Tip-Over Switch: Yes
- Fuel Type: Propane
- Heat Type: Radiant
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor (ODS): Yes
- High Limit Safety Shut-off (HLS): No
- Indoor Safe: Yes
- Ignition: Piezo
- Hose & Regulator Included: Sold separately
- Quickly and evenly heats up any small area
- High and low heat setting with 4 position control knob
- Built-in spark igniter
- Low oxygen safety shut-off
- Tip over safety shut-off
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Fold down handle for compact storage
This heater can be bought on Amazon here, and it will take between 5 – 8 business days to be shipped. Buy "Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU” from Amazon, open-box and used and save 86% off the $144.40 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and prime or free Shipping. The product comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
In conclusion, I can say that the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Indoor Portable Propane Heater is an excellent propane heater to have with you. It is portable and suitable for both indoors and outdoors, meaning that you can use it in the house or in the tent when out camping. It uses propane gas, which is cheap, meaning that it would be easy to maintain. When picked up, it automatically turns off, meaning that it is safe even around kids. You should never use it in a closed place without a vent, and you should always have a carbon monoxide sensor handy when using it. Do not leave it running when you're not there, something tragic could happen.