When you're out looking for a heater for your house, there are a number of things that you need to look into. For starters, you need to know where you'll be using the heater. Heaters can either be used indoors or outdoors and you would have to choose your heater according to that. The good thing is that there are some heaters that are both suited for indoors and outdoors. It is important never to use an outdoor heater indoors or vice versa as this could cause a tragedy. The outdoor heaters tend to emit a lot of toxic gases that are harmful to your health if you're in an enclosed place. The indoor heaters on the other hand, may not be equipped with features to handle the outdoor factors such as wind.
You will also need to figure whether you would like a portable heater, or a fixed one. By fixed one, we mean a heater that cannot be moved around easily. Either it is too heavy to be moved, or it is made fixed onto the wall or something of the sort. In the recent times, portable heaters are the most popular. This is because they give you the freedom to move the heater from one place to the other. They are usually light, compact and come with handles to hold them. The most popular portable heaters come use propane gas because the propane is cheap and more environmentally friendly.
Next, we come to the point of where you expect to get the power. You could either use electricity, LPG gas or propane gas. These are the most commonly used sources of energy for the heaters. The most popular one amongst all three nowadays, is the propane gas. This gas is easily manufactured from available materials such as waste products, and this is what makes it the cheapest amongst the three options. Another reason that it is popular is that it isn’t as environmentally friendly as other fuel gases, although burners could start emitting carbon monoxide after some time. It is important to use a carbon sensor when you're using them, just to stay on the safe side.
Now, before we jump into reviewing the PROCOM Blue Flame Vent Free Wall Heater - 30,000 BTU Output, 1000 Sq. Ft. Heating Capacity, the final thing to take into note when shopping for a heater is the area of the space that the heater will be heating. Larger areas could require more or larger heaters as compared to smaller areas. Check the specifications and reviews of the heaters before deciding on the one that will suit you.
On that note, we can now jump into reviewing the PROCOM Blue Flame Vent Free Wall Heater - 30,000 BTU Output, 1000 Sq. Ft. Heating Capacity. This ProCom Blue Flame Vent-Free Heater warms your home the same way a central heater does. Patented dual fuel technology allows you to choose between natural gas and liquid propane fuel. Not for sale in California or Canada. Check your local regulations on installation restrictions and requirements. Blower Included: No, BTU Output: 30,000, Color: White, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 8 x 26 5/8 x 23 1/2, Oxygen Depletion Sensor: Yes, Product Style: Wall heater, Thermostat Included: Yes, Heating Capability (sq. ft.): 1,000, Includes: Diamond mesh grill for added safety.
BLOWER and BASE INCLUDED **!!Not for sale in California or Canada!!** Propane use requires 100-lb. tank or larger with two-stage adjustable regulator. Not for sale in California or Canada. Use in accordance with local codes and ordinances. Warranty requires heater to be installed only by certified installers. Heater may not function correctly above 4500 foot elevation.
Seller Warranty Description
http://www.usaprocom.com/ Procom requires this heater be installed only by a certified installer, **ANY and ALL requests for return of the heater MUST include All contact information of the licensed certified installer and or installing company.
- Nonadjustable regulator prevents over-firing and thermostat control allows you to maintain desired room temperature
- Cool-to-the-touch outer cabinet
- Thermostat control
- Works with Manual/Automatic Thermostat Blower, Item# 173957
- Part Number: MD300TBA
- Item Weight: 33 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 28 x 9 x 26 inches
- Item model number: MD300TBA
- Color: White
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Certification certified: frustration-free
- Special Features: Please NOTE: BLOWER AND BASE NOW INCLUDED!! Not for sale in California or Canada. Use in accordance with local codes and ordinances. Warranty requires heater to be installed only by certified installers. Heater may not function correctly above 4500 foot elevation.
- Batteries Included? No
- Batteries Required? No
- Warranty Description: This product has a manufacturer warranty against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase. See the Seller Return Policy for more details
- It heats up to even 1,000 sq feet comfortably
- It has a thermostat to control it
- It comes with a 1 year warranty
- The heater comes with dual fuel technology
- Literally none although someone claimed that theirs was faulty when it arrived, and the support was poor
In my opinion, this is an ideal heater, and especially if you are looking to get a larger area heated. It comes with both manual and thermostat to help you control it, and it also comes with dual fuel technology. The 1 year warranty tells you that the manufacturer is confident about their products.