Dive watches are probably the most popular watches, and they are even worn by people that know nothing about scuba diving. They are popular due to the fact that they come with good looks and can also withstand quite a beating before they give up, if they will. There are very many brands of dive watches on the market and if you are considering getting one for yourself, it would be imperative for you to do a thorough research to find the one that will suit you. When getting the diving watch, you'll have to know the sort of diving that you'll be doing and wether or not the watch is water resistant and to what depth. There are those that just like to splash around in water, and then there are those professional deep sea divers that go into the dark depths of the ocean. Both groups would use different types of watches since the deep-sea divers would probably want a watch that can go as deep as 300 meters, while those that snorkel or splash around could settle for one that goes as deep as 100 meters.
The Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch ranks as one of the diving watches, and it is the one that we are going to be reviewing in this article. We are going to look at all of it's features as well as the good and bad things about it.
- Model: SKX173
- Shape: Oval/Round
- Model Year: 2011
- Dial Window Material: Hardlex
- Display Type: Analog
- Dial Color: Black
- Bezel Material: Stainless Steel
- Bezel Function: Unidirectional
- Clasp Style: Buckle
- Case Material: Stainless Steel
- Case Diameter: 41mm
- Case Thickness: 14mm
- Band Width: 22mm
- Band Material: Polyurethane
- Band Color: Black
- Features: Calendar—Day of the Week (English and Spanish)
- Features: Luminous dial hands
- Water Resistance Depth: 660 feet (200 meters)
The Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch that is manufactured by Seiko comes with a 41 mm diameter. The watch boasts a face and design that is attractive and modern, made for the modern man or women scuba divers. The watch comes with a stainless-steel casing and bezel, meaning that it will not corrode making the durability of the watch top notch.. The hands of the watch are luminous and this is a very big advantage. When you are in the upper parts of a water body and your watch has exposure to sunlight you are able to read your watch easily. However, as you dive deeper and deeper into the ocean, the light is absorbed and it gets dark, making it impossible to read the watch. The luminous hands absorb light makes it easy to read when you are in the depths of the dark sea, making it the perfect divers watch. It is very important for one to be able to read the watch while down there because the watch is what will make you know for how long you have been down there and if you are running out of oxygen and if you need to go back up to the surface to get more. In other words, your life depends on the watch when you are scuba diving at the bottom of the sea.
The Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch is blessed with 21 jewels. One of the best things about this watch is that it does not require a battery. It is a self-winding watch that comes with a scratch resistant Hardlex crystal. The bezel is unidirectional and helps the diver to keep track of the time spent under the water. The comfortable fitting strap is made of polyurethane that is pressure vented. This is a durable strap that can last very long.
Battery/ Power Source
The beauty of this Seiko watch is its source of power. It is a winding watch that generally relies on motion. As long as there is motion, the analogue watch will have power. When fully wound, the watch can go for a couple of days before it runs out of power.
When it comes to functionality, this analog divers watch is a gem. It is highly functional but casual and it can be worn for virtually any function. It does not matter whether you are going to the gym, office, or going diving for depths up to 200 meters. The band is synthetic, making it the perfect out door watch. It repels sweat and it is not easy for someone to steal if off your hand. Aside from that, it is waterproof and you would not have to worry about the rain getting it wet. This is a watch that will not let you down no matter the sort of activity that you're doing. To top it off, the Seiko watch comes with an attractive look right from the stainless-steel case to the black and white color scheme. You could strut it as a dress piece and watch people noticing it.
- This watch is perfect for anyone that is active. Whether you are doing some form of sport, near or in water, the watch will come through for you. It comes with waterresistance for a depth of up to 660 feet (200 meters) which is more than sufficient for most people.
- The watch has an attractive look form the materials to the colors. Anyone would be proud to wear it as dress wear. It can even look more premium if the strap is changed to leather, making it the perfect office wear.
- The watch is rugged and durable without compromising its design.
- The hands are luminous so that one can see the watch even in the darkness.
- You never have to worry about your batteries running out of charge because all you have to do is wind the watch and it is good to go.
- It keeps track of the day and date in one of the windows.
- The only bad experience with the watch for some users is the winding. For some it has lagged behind by a few minutes and they had to get it fixed.
The Seiko Men's SKX173 Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Automatic Dive Watch is worth every penny. This is a watch that can be used for all occasions and will last for long. It does not matter if you're an architect or a diver, the watch will work perfectly. There are a number of bad reviews by some users, but 90% of the reviews are positive. People will always find something to complain about but according to me, this is a must buy for any diver.