For those that are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, they should know by now that one of the best remedies for that is to get the best shoes for plantar fasciitis. It is important for one to make sure that they do some research to find out the best shoes that will work for them. It does not matter whether it is a man or woman that love running or someone that just loves walking around. Comfortable shoes that are made for Plantar Fasciitis are the best way to get rid of the pain and discomfort that patients are suffering from. Before we go further, we can begin by finding out what Plantar Fasciitis is.
Comparison table on Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
|Brand & Model||Motion control||Type||Upper||Color Options|
|Nike Air Max 2017||Yes||Running||Synthetic & Mesh||4|
|Nike Dual Fusion Run 3||No||Running||Synthetic & Mesh||16|
|Orthofeet Chelsea||No||Slip On||Leather||3|
|Klogs Landing Dress||No||Leather||Slip On||3|
|Vionic Kona Orthotic||No||Running||Synthetic||4|
|Asics GT-2000 2||Yes||Running||Synthetic||4|
|Asics Gel-Kayano 21||Yes||Running||Synthetic||10|
|New Balance M990v3||Yes||Running||Leather & Synthetic||14|
Nike Men's Dual Fusion Trail Running Shoe
ASICS Men's Gel Kayano 21 Running Shoe
New Balance Men's M990v3 Running Shoe
ASICS Men's GT 2000 2 Running Shoe
Nike Men's Air Max 2017 Running Shoe
Orthofeet Chelsea Womens Extra Wide Depth Orthopedic Comfort Diabetic Orthotic Loafers
Klogs USA Women's Landing Dress Pump
Vionic Men's Orthaheel Technology Walker
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition where one feels pain under their heels and this pain occurs gradually. This occurs where there is an inflammation in the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia consists of strong tissues that run under the foot from the heels to the middle foot bones. These tissues support your feet each time that they arch, and they also play the role of shock absorbers for the feet. Don’t worry, with the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis, heel pads, some exercises and medication, this is a condition that can be cures.
Plantar Fasciitis could be caused due to a number of reasons all of which there is repeated injury to the tissues, with or without inflammation, near the heel bone. In order for you to better understand the cause of Plantar Fasciitis, we are going to go through some of the situations that can cause you to injure your plantar fascia tissues.
- Spending a lot of time on your feet, whether it is walking or even standing when it is something that you're not used to. You were probably used to being seated a lot and then you suddenly need to stand or be on the move using your feet.
- When using new training surfaces. Maybe you were used to jogging on a treadmill and now you decide to go and jog outdoors. The uneven surfaces outside could cause injury to your planta fascia tissues.
- When you're wearing uncomfortable shoes that probably don’t have comfortable cushioning.
- When you're obese or overweight, there is more strain on the heel.
- In the events that the soles of your training shoes are overstretched, and especially during intense running exercises, etc.
- Having a tight Achilles tendon (the one above the heel), it tends to limit the ability to flex the ankle, and this could likely cause injury to the plantar fascia tissues.
Choosing the Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Now that we know some of the things that can cause Plantar Fasciitis, it is now time for us to find out how to choose the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis. There are many brands of shoes out there in the market, and it is best for one to choose the ones that will work best for them. The shoes also come suited for various exercises and below we are going to look at some of the things that one should look into while making a purchase. Make sure to also check the list below when buying the different shoes:
- The best time to go shopping for the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis is in the afternoon. That is because over the course of the day, feet tend to expand. If you shop for them in the morning, they might get smaller or uncomfortable if worn in the afternoon.
- There should be nothing like breaking into new shoes, as some people believe. A shoe that is meant for the cure of Plantar Fasciitis should fit and feel comfortable the moment that you slip it on.
- Keep in mind the use of the shoes before you purchase them. Will you be playing tennis or squash with them, or are they simply for walking? Knowing what you'll use the shoes for will make it easier to select a shoe that will heal you faster.
There are many brands that have put a lot of research into making the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis when it comes to running. Some of them might not come cheap but they’ll turn out to be the best investment that you’ve ever made. The shoes are made to highly absorb shock, good arch support, comfortable padding amongst other things. They also make your feet well aligned with the rest of the body. You can go through some of the reviews below to find out the ones that will work best for you as an individual, since different people have different needs.
The best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis when it comes to motion are made in such a way that they cater for improper foot alignment. They are made in such a way that they restrain the inward rolling of one’s feet, being that they are durable and rigid. You have to be very careful to check the specifications of the shoes before you buy them. That is because it is very hard to identify motion shoes physically. If you're not sure, you could seek the help of a physician to give you the right specs for the shoes you need.
Arch Support Shoes
Shoes that come with a good arch support are suitable for the prevention of Plantar Fasciitis and over pronation (inward rolling of the feet). These are shoes with a medial arch that does not go flat easily. Shoes with medial arch’s that quickly flatten out are no good because they could cause a strain to the feet and cause injury to the tissues. When going for the best shoes for plantar fasciitis, it is important to check the manufacturers specifications to ensure whether this will happen or not.
Heel Padding Support
It is important for one to go for the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis that offer adequate heel padding support. Many shoe manufacturers have invested in comfortable gel padding that can buffer high impact pressure to ensure that you're safe when wearing the shoes. You can walk or run for long periods of time comfortably when wearing shoes with adequate heel padding support.
Removable Orthotic Soles
During the healing process, it is important that you wear orthotic shoes the whole time. This is the reason why it is to your advantage if you can get shoes with removable insoles. This way, you can remove the existing insoles and replace them with the orthotic insoles. This is also an advantage if the existing orthotic insoles get worn out. They can easily be swapped for new ones without necessarily having to buy new shoes, if the exterior of the shoes is still intact.
The outer soles of the shoes should be as stiff as possible, although they don’t have to be heavy. Running shoes, for example, need to be as light as possible but still maintain the same stiffness. A flexible outer sole is bad because it could strain and injure the tissues.
Tough and Durable
It is important that the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis move very little in the mid-section. Flexible shoes are no good for over pronation since they would lead to the risk of getting a foot injury. A stiff sculpture would work better for you during the treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.
The Toe Box
The shoe should come with a suitable toe box should not have too much space for toe extension. It should be slightly flexible to allow a slight bend, but the rest of the shoe should be stiff and limit bending as much as possible. You can check how flexible a show is by holding it at both ends and trying to bend it in half.
What to Avoid When Choosing
There is a saying that goes cheap is expensive, and I can't stop saying just how true that is. There are many cheap options when it comes to the right shoes for your treatment, and if you are going for the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis, you should steer away from those. A lot of research has been put by many shoe manufacturers to come up with shoes to cure your situation. It is very unlikely that most of the cheap shoe companies put any effort into getting quality shoes. I always say that one should never mess around with their health, and that includes getting cheap alternatives. It is better to make an expensive investment that will work for you other than cheap alternatives that could make your condition deteriorate.
You should avoid buying shoes that are made of soft material such as cheap leather and canvas. The materials are way too flexible and yet at this point you want a shoe that will be as stiff as possible to provide stability and support. The shoes made of soft materials also tend to wear out very fast and also tend to fall into the cheap alternatives that we discussed above.
Don’t Judge the Book by the Cover
There are some shoes that could have very appealing looks but are in no way the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis. Looks can be deceiving and it is more important to go for the specs instead. Make sure that the specs are made for the cure of Plantar Fasciitis.
Plantar Fasciitis Shoes review
People that are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis are lucky because they have a wide selection of the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis to choose from. The most important thing is that the shoes should fit comfortably from the word go, and there should be no break in period. The shoes work differently for different people depending on the type of feet that one has and that is why it is important to try them on individually. Below, we are going to review some of the common shoes on the market. Some of them could be a little costly, but keep in mind that this is your health that you're talking about, and there is no second guessing to that.
Made with a responsive full-length Max Air unit and a breathable mesh upper, the 2017 iteration of Nike's signature running shoe that doubles as a lifestyle sneaker also features lightweight construction and enhanced flexibility.
- Rubber sole
- Adaptive Flywire cables support the fit, while the Swoosh moves to the forefoot for a bold, engaging look
- Lace-up style
- Offers enhanced foot motion via cushioned insoles and minimal stability features
- Removable insole
- Synthetic and mesh upper/textile lining/rubber sole
- They are light weight
- They have very good shock absorption
- They look attractive
- They fit comfortably
With superior cushioning, Nike Fusion Run shoes give him a super-smooth stride to bring him straight to the finish line in comfort and style. These are shoes that are made for running outdoors comfortably by providing great heel and arch support.
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 2.96" from arch
- Shaft measures approximately 2.96" from arch
- Offering generous cushioning
- Built with a firm Phylon carrier and soft interior Phylon core
- Made for a comfortable running experience
- Great heel and arch support
- They fit well with all shapes of feet
- They are stylish
- They are comfortable to wear
- They are lightweight
- They have great traction when running
- Some claim that they wear quickly with soles peeling off and nylon tearing apart
- Some claim that the lacing passes through thin nylon loops that tear easily
- Some clients claim that they need breaking in (A few hours use)
Orthofeet Chelsea Women's Loafers offer anatomical arch support, non-binding relaxed fit, and maximum protection against pressure points. The Gel orthotic-insole along with the ergonomic, cushioning sole soften step, enhance stability, and facilitate natural foot motion. The deep toe box design allows the foot to relax and spread out naturally for added comfort. Using its biomechanical expertise Orthofeet has been dedicated to designing Chelsea with the best therapeutic features, and offer the top comfort women's loafers, walking women’s loafers, diabetic women’s loafers, orthopedic women’s loafers, therapeutic women’s loafers, arthritis women’s loafers, wide women’s loafers, and extra wide women’s loafers. Chelsea women’s loafers are engineered to help reduce Foot Pain, Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Knee Pain, Forefoot Pain, Metatarsal Pain, Low Back Pain, and to enhance comfort for Diabetic Feet, Arthritic Feet, Sensitive Feet, Plantar Fasciitis, Pronation, Metatarsalgia, Morton’s Neuroma, Bunions, Corns, Hammer Toes.
- Orthotic support - contoured orthotic insole, with anatomical arch support and gel padded heel-seat forms to the contours of the foot, enhances comfort, and helps alleviate pain at the foot and heel all the way up the knees, hips and lower back.
- Easy gait - Lightweight sole with air cushioning softens step, adds spring to your step. The Ergonomic-Stride(TM) design enhances stability, and helps facilitate foot motion.
- Non-Binding, Extra Depth Design - Non-binding upper with extra depth design and wide toe box eliminates pressure on bunions and hammer toes. Soft, seam-free interior lining, padded with foam, eliminates pressure points, and offers superior comfort and protection for sensitive feet and for people with diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Best features for the following shoes: women’s comfortable slip on shoes, women’s arch support slip on shoes, women’s slip on shoes for neuropathy, women’s orthopedic slip on shoes, women’s therapeutic slip on shoes, women’s arthritis slip on shoes, women’s depth slip on shoes, women’s wide slip on shoes, women’s extra wide slip on shoes, women’s heel pain slip on shoes, women’s plantar fasciitis slip on shoes, women’s foot pain slip on shoes.
- Designed to offer the best footwear solution for Foot Pain, Heel Pain, Arch Pain, Knee Pain, Ball of the Foot Pain, Metatarsal Pain, Knee Pain, Back Pain, and to enhance comfort for Sensitive Feet, Diabetic Feet, Arthritic Feet, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Pronation, Metatarsalgia, Morton’s Neuroma, Bunions, Corns, Hammer Toes.
- Color: Black
- They are comfortable
- They are adjustable at the strap that goes over the top of the foot
- There are foot bed inserts that come with the shoe that adjust to the depth that works best for you
- They are easy to slip on
- Good with wide feet and bunions
- They relieve back and feet pain
- Some ladies claim that they look too manly
A little lift with a lot of Komfort. Get ready to fall head over heels for Landing! Accented with a decorative buckle on the heel, this full grain leather slip-on has elastic goring at the vamp for easy entry, hidden by a hook and loop top strap with silver button detail. The polyurethane sole is slip-resistant, non-marking, and shock absorbent. The removable Klogs Komfort foot bed provides soft cushioning and excellent arch support that’s antimicrobial, odor-resistant, and lightweight. 1 1/4'' Heel. Women order normal size. If you wear a half size, please order half a size up. Material: Leather.
- Synthetic sole
- Platform measures approximately 0.5 inches
- Non-marking anti slip outsoles
- Flexible sole
- Removable polyurethane insoles
- They are comfortable
- Slip resistant
- Fashionable look
- Some claim that the toe box is too short (as in distance from the sole of the shoe) and very stiff
- Some claim that it is too narrow
The Walker sneaker is designed to keep you moving with maximum comfort and support. Full grain water-resistant leather with contrasting overlays for a sporty appeal. Cushioned collar and tongue with traditional lacing provides a comfortable, customized fit. Breathable, moisture-wicking mesh lining with PU foam base helps reduce friction against skin. Contoured orthotic footbed with deep heel cup stabilizes, supports and realigns the feet back to their natural position. Lightweight, flexible medium-density EVA midsole absorbs shock to reduce stress on the feet, ankles and knees. Firm, thermoplastic heel counter provides increased stability and support for all-day wear. Durable rubber outsole with flex grooves provides traction and flexibility. Received APMA Seal of Acceptance. Click here to view Seal. Measurements: Weight: 15 oz Product measurements were taken using size 11, width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size.
- Synthetic sole
- Men's action walker shoe
- Shock-absorbing EVA mid-sole
- Flexible rubber out-sole
- Full grain leather and mesh upper
- Comfortable shoes
- Removable inserts
- They have incredible support
- They heal foot pain
- You need to order a size larger as they get their sizes wrong, as claimed by some users
- Some users claim that the shoes squeak
- They are not durable, according to some
After revitalizing the GT-2170 with last year's rebirth of the GT-2000, Asics decided that even the best can be better. They're proud to introduce the GT-2000 2. A re-designed FluidRide midsole and a new lighter-weight upper creates a more accomodating experience than before, resulting in a fit that's true to the GT Series that runners know and love.
Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.)
ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
The latest evolution in ASICS midsole technology, FluidRide provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
Dynamic DuoMax Support System
This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning Systems
Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
Guidance Trusstic System
This Trusstic System integrates Guidance Line construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- Rubber sole
- FluidRide midsole
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System
- Guidance Line flex grooves
- IGS support system
- Solid shoe for high mileage training
- Comfortable cushioning
- Excellent traction
- Great for wide feet with neutral pronation
- You might want to order a size larger as the shoes come a size smaller, according to some users
Runners seeking high performance need look no further than the new Gel-Kayano 21. In 1949, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka began his athletic footwear company (Onitsuka Co., Ltd.) by manufacturing basketball shoes out of his living room in Kobe, Japan. He chose the name ASICS for his company in 1977, based on a famous Latin phrase "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which, when translated, expresses the ancient ideal of "A Sound Mind in a Sound Body." Taking the acronym of this phrase, ASICS was founded on the belief that the best way to create a healthy and happy lifestyle is to promote total health and fitness. Today, ASICS offers a full line of performance-driven athletic shoes and technical active sports apparel and accessories dedicated to bringing harmony to the body and soul.
Run Longer in the GEL-Kayano 21
Are you ready for the lightest Kayano ever? The GEL-Kayano 21 retains its long legacy of unparalleled support and stability, but thanks to a new FluidFit Upper, a new FluidRide midsole, and a new Dynamic Duomax Support System, the lightest Kayano is also the most plush, stable, and comfortable Kayano as well! Designed for a wide variety of running gaits, the stability, support, and expansive GEL Cushioning material is especially helpful to the overpronator, offering a biomechanically beneficial platform that helps the runner maintain a more neutral step.
Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Cushioning:
ASICS GEL-Cushioning provides the ultimate in shock absorption - easing the blow of every step upon impact.
Ultimately, running shoes are about fit, and our FluidFit upper technology utilizes a combination of multi-directional stretch mesh and stretch reinforcements to create a glove-like fit.
Dynamic DuoMax Support System:
Improving on the incredible and dependable support of DuoMax, Dyanmic Duomax, increases stability and support while reducing overall weight.
- Rubber sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.5"
- Running shoe featuring mesh and FluidFit multi-directional upper with FluidRide bounce back cushioning
- Impact Guidance System
- Gait-enhancing Guidance Trusstic System
- Great for flat feet and over pronation
- Stylish look
- Some users claim that the older versions of the shoe are more durable
- Others claim that the shoe is not for those with wide feet
New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best.
New Balance is proud to be the only major company to make or assemble more than 4 million pairs of athletic footwear per year in the USA, which represents a limited portion of our US sales. Where the domestic value is at least 70%, we label our shoes Made in the USA.
- Made in the USA and Imported
- Rubber sole
- Classic running shoe with leather and fabric upper featuring dual-density collar and padded tongue
- Blown-rubber forefoot for lightweight cushioning
- Reflective detailing
- They provide outstanding support
- They are comfortable
- Some claim that the shoe wears out quickly
- There are claims that the shoes smell of cat urine after they are washed
There are many cures for Plantar Fasciitis and one of the quickest ways of curing the condition is by getting the best shoes for Plantar Fasciitis. There are no feet that look alike depending on individuals, and therefore, different types of shoes will be used for the cure. It is important for one to make sure that the shoes that they get will actually work for their situation.